Sunday, October 16, 2011

Saturday/Sunday

In one of Murakami's books it says something like: "...we don't choose our destiny, the destiny choose us". I want to believe that it's not true, that we can always change our life like we want to, it is just the matter of the efford. Why am I the way I am today, what are my memories and who would I be without them, how much my life would change if only one day in my life would be different? Would something be different if I wouldn't meet X but Y instead. Sometimes I think about if I would like to delite some "files" from my brain like if it would be my pc, I wish I could erase some memories, but we can't. The film "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" talks about our mind and our memories, about how would it be if we could erase them. 


1 comment:

  1. The memories make you as a person. Even if you forget something you cannot erase them properly. We maybe have a destiny but we also have the power to change it. It would be stupid from our part to just let ourselves in our "destiny's" hands and do nothing. You are your memories. If they are good you'll have something beautiful to remember again and again. And if there are some bad memories they'll help you avoid making the same mistakes and make your guard stronger for other threats to come.

    ReplyDelete